A Day with Kids

1:12 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Today, 24th of January was my block's exposure trip. We were assigned to Arayat, Cubao. At first, I was a bit scared because I guess our Intact Homeroom Adviser told us that some of these kids worked in clubs and all that. She also warned us that should they make any untoward moves towards us we should tell the facilitators immediately. Yikes right?

I have to say that after this day, she was wrong. They were actually really good kids. They were funny and very open. It was especially funny when they started gossiping with us. They were telling us who their crushes were! I have to admit that there were some who seemed distant. They didn't join much but that's understandable especially after what they told us about these kids. Although there were some kids who were awfully rowdy. They climbed onto the backs of the guys but the guys in my block were cool with it.

I guess the only sad thing here is the behavior of the facilitators themselves. I didn't see these myself but a lot of my other blockmates did. They saw the facilitators scolding the male kids not to cry because they aren't males if they do. I mean what kind of treatment is that?? You shouldn't prevent someone from crying. It's better to let the person express what he/she feels rather than keep in inside him/her. Then there was another instance where the facilitators pinched the kids who were trying to ride on the back of the guys. I know that they are behaving badly but that doesn't give these people the right to pinch these kids. They could've told them to behave in a better way.

I guess aside from the disappointing behavior these facilitators did, I have to say that I enjoyed this exposure trip! :)

That's all! This is where I sign out, until next time!

xoxo Charm :)

0 comments: